Thursday, August 8, 2013

Barely Beating


Title: Barely Beating (Pulse Trilogy, Book 2)
Genre: New Adult, Paranormal Romance
Word Count: 76,140

Blurb:
After a not so pleasant vacation featuring Elizabeth Parks nearly being killed, she couldn’t be happier to be home. Though, the vacation wasn’t a total bust. She did find herself now dating a deliciously sexy man named Virgil Hart. The only downside was that he was a vampire. Not that it was a big downside, but it did make things more complicated when asked ‘what happened while she was on Vacation?’ Needless to say Elizabeth tries her best to put the whole experience behind her while she focuses on work and maybe about putting her hands on Virgil. What’s a girl to do when he’s walking around shirtless all the time in her apartment?

But is it really that easy to fall back into her old life and put the events of her vacation behind her? Definitely not! It isn’t long before her Pulse radar goes off and her newly formed vampire family is on high alert. What creatures have been stalking them? Are they the real enemy or is there someone much worse lurking just around the corner?

Excerpt:
"You're going to bite me?" Beth's body trembled knowing the answer.
"I will try, but I think I can fight it off long enough to untie you. The moment you are free I need you to grab that knife on the small tray over there. The one I know you have eye balled a few times now." He instructed taking a few long, deep breaths. "Take the knife and don't hesitate to plunge it deep within my chest. Aim for my heart. That should be enough to buy you a little time."

"What?" She gasped looking around the room to the stairs. "Shouldn't I run?"

"I'll catch you and I will kill you." He assured her. "If you don't act fast I don't think I'll be able to stop." Virgil popped his neck and stretched his fingers. He no longer cared about his exposed fangs and he gave up on trying to remove the darkness from his eyes. There was almost no hope now, as his thoughts barely stayed focus long enough to feed Beth the plan.

"I-I can't!"

"Think of me as a monster!" He released a guttural growl. "I'm a monster and I'm going to kill you!" He leaned forward as far as he could to scare her again, back against the chair.

"But... I don't know if I can," she whimpered. She could somehow see what used to be the man before her. Just barely between the cracks of the maddening creature sitting across from her wanting to drink her blood.

"Then you'll die." Virgil's words were cold, but he couldn't fight it off. He didn't have time to sugar coat anything as his insides twisted and he was already picturing how he would rip her apart and lick up the blood from the floor below her remains like an animal.

Links:

-Brenda Franklin

No comments:

Post a Comment