Thursday, January 23, 2014

Featuring artist Trinitee

A very kind person, Trinitee, shared with me the website Sharpie.com and I was blown away. Here they were, people who created art with sharpies! I don’t feel so alone anymore. Though my things are doodles in comparison I want to show you a few of the works I have fallen in love with by EmiNickel, who has kindly agreed to let me interview her.

Interview:
Hello, I'm Trinitee Dunn and I'm a 38 yr old Stay-at-Home-Mom to my two girls.  I love to laugh, smile and have a good time. I have a serious PEN addiction and I should wear a shirt that says "I Sharpies!"  When I'm not chasing my kids around and drawing, I love to read and do crafts of all kinds.
Go to her page HERE
http://www.sharpie.com/enUS/Pages/UserProfile.aspx?uid=49005092


When did you first start drawing and what was it?
I first began to draw in the 5th grade. I remember for Christmas that year asking for a real artist sketch pad and pens.  When I opened that gift on Christmas morning it sent me on my way to where I am today. I now have many sketch books full of my creations.

Where do you find inspiration from?
My inspiration comes from my everyday life and it's usually something as simple as seeing colors on a shirt or seeing a pretty sunset, flower....anything really.  Ideas come to me all the time.

When was the first time you used a Sharpie and what was your first piece of Sharpie art?

I began using Sharpie pens for drawings just this past summer.  Bright flowers and patterns are my passion. Most of my works are bright giant flowers that I call Eminickel Flowers.   Eminickel is a play on my oldest daughter’s name.  (Emi Nicole, she always said Emi Nickel and that's how why I call them Eminickel Flowers)


What are your procedures for creating each of your works? What material do you use? And how long does each piece of art take?

I like to use many kinds of pens, mostly Sharpie.  I also use Pilot pens, Staedtler fine line dry safe pens and Papermate Flair pens.  I like using mixed media art paper because my colors don't bleed threw the paper.   I do most of my work on my living room couch but I do have a tiny desk tucked in a room in my basement just for me.  Most of my artwork takes me between 3-5 hours to complete.

What is your favorite color to use and why?
I love to use the colors Yellow, Orange, Green and Pink the most because those colors make me happy. I like to draw pictures that when I look at them, I feel happy!!

What was your favorite piece of art?

My favorite picture I ever drew was back in 2000. It took me a few days to do. I used a black Pilot pen and just started drawing flowers. No real idea in mind what I wanted to draw... I added an eye to the picture and in the end, the picture looked like the side view of a face. It was intended to look that way. I thought it was super cool. It hangs in my art room to this day.

Some of my Sharpie works can be found on Sharpie.com. My profile name is Eminickel. (Or just click on the name)

Thank you so much Trinitee for answering my questions and being a part of my blog. I look forward to your future artworks!
-Brenda Franklin

2 comments:

  1. She has some beautiful drawings! I love them!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I told her she should sell her work. If she does I'll post links. :)

      Delete