Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Out with the Old and in with the New! 2014

It’s officially 01/01/14. It is the first day of the new year! Can you believe it?

It feels like only yesterday it was January 2013. I have met some amazing people, started working again, published a few works, and started plenty of new projects to keep me busy during 2014.

It’s time to raise our glasses and remember all the good, the bag, and all that we have accomplished and overcome in the year that is about to end. To look forward with our heads held high, our heart filled with adventure and hope, and mind willing to fight any struggles we shall face in the New Year.

 I want to take this moment to sum up my adventures in the world of reading and writing in 2013.

~Wonderful people~

Diana Nixon is the author of fantasy and contemporary romances. She was born in Minsk, Belarus, where she currently lives. In 2008 she graduated from Belorussian state University. She has a Master of Law degree and speaks several foreign languages, including English, Polish, and Spanish.

To learn more about Diana Nixon or to buy her works:
Love Lines:
Ebook or Paperback
Songs of the wind:
Ebook or Paperback
From Scratch:
Ebook or Paperback
Diamond Sky:
Ebook or Paperback

Troy Aaron Ratliff:
Troy Aaron Ratliff was born and raised in Hamilton, Ohio and self-educated in writing, art, photography, and voice impersonations. When he's not not reading, writing, and cooking up his next monstrosity, you can generally find him defending the galaxy from the forces of evil, feeding hippopotamuses, dinging with foreign dignitaries and zen masters, waking up to his supermodel wife, alternating the space-time inter-dimensional warp or, more than likely, stuck in traffic somewhere in southern California on his magic carpet.
To learn more about Troy or buy his products:


Book:

Do I Bother You At Night?
Trista Jaszczak is the author of the Believe series, and upcoming relaunches, Loverboy, What Lies Inside, and the Darkness Falls Series. She is an Air Force spouse and mother to two mischievous and rambunctious little girls. She is originally from Hamilton  Ohio but calls home where ever the Air force sends her. She currently resides in Anchorage, alaska where she finds endless inspiration inthe pure Alaskan wilderness. when she isn't writing, she spends her time with family in the vast Alaskan outdoors, plucking away at her old guitar or working on self improvement in the gym. She loves the outdoors, the moon, old movies, and music.
You  can follow her on: AmazonFacebookGoodreadsTwitter, and her Blog

 Ashley Wied
Her Bio:
Hey there, my name is Ashley, and I've been writing for as long as i can remember. My first novel is entitled "The Otherkind," and is currently under a major editing process. My other current projects include "Felicity," "Fleur Valse," "The Tornament," "Eighteen," "White Magic," and many other storeis that take place within my fantasy realm of Ancantha.

I also write YA fiction, poetry, song lyrics, and fanfiction.

Feel free to read my work at Writer's Cafe or Figment (or any of my other links...I'm everywhere!), and if you like what you read, LIKE MY PAGE! :-)


~Self-Publishing~
During the year I have worked on several projects, a few of which I ended up self-publishing! Talk about exciting! Okay, it was more like a heart attack. I stressed out each time I published, though the world never ended I couldn’t help but want to burry my head in the sand or hide under a rock. Yep, I’m that kind of person, but after two days or so I recovered happily and continued writing the next project. J

~Read/reviews~
During 2013 I have gotten the chance to read a few books/ebooks, as well as reviewing each of them, and I wanted to list off my top ten count! Starting with number Ten, Judgment of souls.
(Follow the links to read my reviews of each work)
Favorite Books:

10.) Judgment of Souls by Margarita Felices
9.) Diamond Sky by Diana Nixon
8.) From Scratch by Diana Nixon
7.) The Strange In Skin Trilogy By Sara V. Zook
6.) City Of Bones (review coming soon) by Cassandra Clare
5.) Little Red by Trista Jaszczak
4.) Phantom in the Night Sherrilyn Kenyon
3.) Hate at First Sight by Diana Nixon
2.) The Accidental Demon Slayer by Angie Fox
1.) The Host (review link coming soon) Stephenie Meyer

~Movies I discovered and fell in love with over the year~


The Host
The Hobbit
The Hobbit 2
Iron Man 3
Frozen
Rise of the Guardians
How to train your Dragon

~What’s to come~
In the year of 2014 you can expect that I will again try to read and review 52 books. And I will succeed! I have to put a dent in my ever growing list of 250 e/books. They won’t read themselves you know.
In 2014 I will publish at least two more books, in October I will publish another free scary story, and before the year is out I will have a paperback under my belt!
You should expect plenty more reviews with every book read and lots more spotlights as my list of friends grow in the world of writers. I gladly take suggestions of your books or of a book you have read. I never turn down an adventure!
I am very excited as one year has come to a close and the next begins and I look forward to taking the journey with you.
Follow me, into my world of Reading and Writing in 2014.
Love,
Brenda Franklin, author of The Pulse Trilogy.

No comments:

Post a Comment