Wednesday, June 12, 2013

A Little About Me

My name is Brenda Franklin and I was born in the wonderful month of October in Louisiana. I'm the middle child of three, making it an obligation for me to misbehave, and I think I did a good job.

My love for writing came at an early age, having written my first horror story before middle school about a monster that ate people when the lights went off. Yep, I was that kind of kid growing up. The quiet nerdy one to look out for!

You could really tell I was destined for writing when my father came home one day from work with a Christmas present for my sister and me. She received a fun dinosaur book showing details about structures, size, and diet, while I got a troll filled, fairy tale, anthology which I still love to this day.

My love of vampire I believe stemmed when i was around the sixth grade. My father had an old bookshelf in our living room. From top to bottom it was filled with combat related books, old westerns, a stack of dust ridden magazines (I'm not sure he ever read), several Dean Koontz (my sister's favorites), a few Stephen King books, the Necromancer Series by Brian Lumley, and a whole bunch of other things. Wow... that was a lot of books. But the one I remember the most was a book by Anne rice. It was 'Interview with a Vampire'. After reading it, I've never been the same since.

Now, I'm happily married, living out in the country with my family, a few cats (Aki, goldee, Temperance, and Theo), a dog (Virgil), and I'm a writer. What more is there?

I have successfully written a few paranormal romance books. A Steady Pulse, Barely Beating, and Flat Line are apart of The Pulse Trilogy, while I do have a standalone called, Guardian, a Fated Pairing. The fun doesn't stop there, with new ideas and projects started everyday I can see that my future will be filled to the brim with murderers, vampires, werewolves, romance, fantasy, mystery, and much more. I can't wait to share my next adventure with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment