Saturday, January 11, 2014

Book review: Born of Ice by Sherrilyn Kenyon

6434232
I have not yet read any of the other League books by Sherrilyn but she took me for a wonderful ride. The story moves pretty fast, but is easy enough to follow. There were a few moments when I had no idea what was going to happen next and I love it! I was at the edge of my seat asking the characters what were they going to do and hoping that Devyn didn’t actually throw Alix out the airlock for what she has to do to try and save her sister and mother--who are in prison and with a time restraint on their lives.

Alix, a  slave, must gain enough of Devyn’s trust to frame him and get him arrested because a long time ago his father-a very bad man (and I mean that in the kindest terms because he is such a badass awesome character)-turned in evidence that ruined Merjack’s ancestry and he wants his revenge. Devyn fits the bill.

Devyn is deadly and I swear there is no part of his blood that isn’t filled with assassin, martial arts badass, and all around kind hearted man who is, not only a pilot, but a doctor. Come on Sherrilyn, I mean really, can you make a less perfect man. And to top it off Devyn got blacklisted (if you will) because he saved a boy who was going to die nine years before the first chapter takes place. I can’t get enough of his character and I wish there was more fighting so I can see him in action, so to speak.

Alix was a great pairing for this fighter and with her past she could definitely use a man like him. She’s been treated like trash by her father who gave her to his crew for entertainment and didn’t even know what true pleasure was. She has done what she can to protect her family and now that her father is dead she still can’t be free unless she frames Devyn, a man who she is falling hard for and for the first time has treated her like a human being. Even after he finds out what she is up too he still becomes the honorable man he is and works to help her free her family, but the price is high.

This book is a bit shorter than a few of the other books by her, but it’s filled to the brim with everything I love out of a good book. A great story line, sexy men, dangerous characters, a heated romance scene (or two…), and an overall plot that keeps me wanting more!

Of course I give it a five out of five.


-Brenda Franklin, author of paranormal romance The PulseTrilogy and Guardian, A Fated Pairing.

No comments:

Post a Comment