Sunday, August 31, 2014

Middle Grade Writing projects

I suddenly find myself writing stories aimed more for Middle Grade compared to my normal New Adult and Young Adult works. I don't know what exactly happened. One day I was writing vampire tales, the next i had writers block, and now I have a short Middle Grade done and I'm working on the next. This is the oddest turn of events.

A fresh story sometimes is what the doctor calls for.

The first Middle Grade story I wrote and have set off to the side until I can figure out what to do with it is, 'The Adventures of Kyle and Jordan' book one, My Neighbor's a Vampire. And yes, I said book one. :) I can easily see this as being a series and have already written out a couple of different plot ideas for the next books. If I go anywhere with those I'll let you know.

My next work is the Series Clover Honeysweet, following a girl, turned business owner, turned ghost after drinking tea made by her business partner, Voodoo Mama. It's a funny and charming story with a cast of characters that will keep you coming back for more. My favorite character so far is the werewolf boy Izzy who has to wear a hair net. Yes, the cast are young and going through some very serious matters, such as loan sharks, spirit police, rabbit slime pest control, and much more as they try and keep the Sweet shop up and running.

Two very different stories with characters I adore. I wonder what they will do by the end of today. ...Most likely they will get in trouble and give me a heart attack, but you gotta love them.


Book 1: A Steady Pulse
Book 2: Barely Beating
---------------------------------------

Brenda Franklin

Purchase my products from the links below
The Pulse Trilogy
(Paranormal Romance Trilogy)
A Steady Pulse AmazonSmashwords, and Barnes and Noble
Barely Beating AmazonSmashwords, and Barnes and Noble
Flat Line AmazonSmashwords, and Barnes and Noble




Book 3: Flat Line
Guardian, a Fated Pairing
Guardian, A Fated Pairing
(Paranormal Romance)
AmazonSmashwords, and Barnes and Noble

More to come:
Adventures of Kyle and Jordan
(Middle Grade)
Clover Honeysweet
(Middle Grade)

No comments:

Post a Comment