Saturday, June 7, 2014

Editing!

The Middle-Lands is being Edited! Isn’t that among the scariest things? To have your baby, a project you have been working on for months, finally taken and analyzed! But at the same time it’s so exciting. It’s one more step closer to being finished and to be in the hands of all you wonderful people out there.

I have a confession! This is a little embarrassing… I was placing The Middle-Lands in YA Fantasy, but after looking through the market and talking with someone I discovered that because of the main character’s age and the direction of the story that it actually falls in the New Adult fiction (This I hadn’t heard of until a couple of days ago).

Difference:

Young Adult: Honestly this varies from blog site, to Wikipedia page, to personal opinions. The age rage seems to be around 12-18 or 16-25, the latter of the choices now changing into New Adult area if you ask me. :) Now this Genre focuses on challenges for youths and coming of age stories.

New Adult Fiction: Is a Genre falling between Young Adult and Adult that has a Protagonist ranging between the 18 to late twenties in age. This type of book would focus on leaving home, education, choices and discoveries that will impact them forever.

Isn’t that something? Ya learn something new every day. :) Now, with a better understanding of the genres (the above not limited to only what I wrote. There are so much more behind the genres but I choose only the basic to get my point across) I am able to say The Middle-Lands falls in NA Fiction.

After establishing the genre, sending it off to get edited, what’s next? Well, Writing Book two sounds like a plan! And so I have begun. Book Two of the Middle-Lands Series has been plotted and is sitting on my desk on several back to back pages of notebook paper.

But you know what the most important thing to do between writing projects is? Spend time with the family. After sending off my work I made a deal with my wonderful husband. I promised that if he let me plot out book two while it was still fresh and flowing that I would take the weekend off from writing to get some air and breathe. And that’s exactly what I intend to do.

So I will post back in a few days after some much needed rest and goofing off with my family. I hope your weekend is just as fun and exciting.



Book 1: A Steady Pulse
Book 2: Barely Beating
---------------------------------------

Brenda Franklin

Purchase my products from the links below
The Pulse Trilogy
(Paranormal Romance Trilogy)
A Steady Pulse AmazonSmashwords, and Barnes and Noble
Barely Beating AmazonSmashwords, and Barnes and Noble
Flat Line AmazonSmashwords, and Barnes and Noble




Book 3: Flat Line
Guardian, a Fated Pairing
Guardian, A Fated Pairing
(Paranormal Romance)
AmazonSmashwords, and Barnes and Noble

More to come:
The Middle-Lands
A Young Adult Fantasy series

No comments:

Post a Comment