Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Covered in RED

I got my rough draft of book one of The Middle-Lands back to find it riddled in red.

No problem. I can handle in that.

Lots of comments on the side bar. No problem. I love comments.

Then I read all of them….

After a thorough examination and several suggestions from her it looks like I’ll be changing a few things and adding in A LOT!

At this point my eyes were bulging, because I thought it looked nice and complete when in all honesty she was RIGHT! I was missing dialogue, scenes that would really help, and background to the character I want the readers to love. Feeling completely overwhelmed and like I had to start over I turned to the one man who could give me guidance, my husband.

And he said, “Rip it in half.”

Okay, I nearly had a heart attack and then I thought about it. I mean, I had so much information shoved into this manuscript. It was lacking a few things and needed a lot. So after a couple of days of truly debating and cringing at the thought I think I have finally come to a conclusion. He is right. I don’t say that often. :)

The Middle-Lands book one and two are in rough shape, but being worked on. I am working hard to make book one the best it can be and to have to release before 2015. The date is ever changing so be patient with me.

Thank you and I can’t wait to share a chapter with you in the next couple of weeks.


-Brenda Franklin, Author of the Pulse Trilogy.

No comments:

Post a Comment