Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Upcoming Month of October!

Get ready October because I have a lot planned for you! Starting off with what I plan to read.

The collection of unread novels, shorts stories, and anthologies that I possess is mind boggling and it is time I started putting a dent in my ‘to reads list’ this month. October is going to be filled with more reviews than I have ever done in a month and hopefully my head won’t explode along the way.

This month I will start off with two reviews from the end of September for the books Judgment of Souls and Amethyst. Both of which were great reads!

My next planned reads and reviews are as follows:
Monster by Frank Peretti
House by Ted Dekker and Frank Peretti
Thr3e by Ted Dekker
Eragon by Christopher Paolini (been on my shelf a LONG TIME)

I am also happy to say that my friend Troy Aaron Ratliff’s book Do I Bother You At Night? is coming out on the fourth and I can’t wait to grab my own copy. On top of that author Diana Nixon has given me an Advance Readers Copy of her book Hate At first Sight. I can never get enough of her works and look forward to reading and reviewing it.

Each book will be followed by a review and my list is not limited to the books above. I do have plenty others to read, but listing them would hurt your eyes. Trust me. It’s a long list!

Since this is the month of ghouls and scary stories I’m going to be weaving together a free short horror story for anyone to read and my last year’s story free scary story will be getting some much needed improvements. I really have neglected it and thus, I will be giving it a careful edit and add go through. I haven’t decided if the cover will change yet, but I will keep you posted on that as the weeks go by.

More to come this month will be an Blurb/Excerpt from Saving Grace, my newest paranormal romance, with no set release date. This has really been one of those stories that pushed to the front of my mind suddenly and in a matter of a week I had typed my first full draft of the whole thing. Now, I am spending time to rewrite it and extend it. So I am unable to give an accurate timeline for it.

I think The Middle-Lands will be pushed to the side until Saving Grace is finished and I begin a little work on my middle grade book The Adventures of Kyle and Jordan, which I look forward to releasing in 2014. If you could recommend a cover designer for a MG fantasy book that would be great.

And last but not least I have a birthday coming up on the 18th so you might want to tune into my blog post on the 7th because this year i'm doing something a little different for myself.

Thank you for reading.

-Brenda Franklin, author of the Paranormal romance trilogy Pulse.

No comments:

Post a Comment